2015 Copyright © James Johnson Personal Trainer
Exercise(Activity requiring physical effect, carried out to sustain or improve health & fitness)
We all need regular exercise for a healthier life For some people it can be quite daunting taking the first steps into starting to exercise again, as many people would only have done exercise while as a child or in a sport competition or playing for a team. I’m here to make this easier!
Healthy eating is an important lifestyle for everyone.
When you eat a well-balanced diet:
Your energy levels will be optimised – Your strength increases – you will look healthier – your immune system will be tougher – you will think more clearly and handle stress better – your chances of getting diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease will decrease.
When dieting don’t try and completely change your eating habits right away, make a gradual process always give yourself achievable goals.
Experiment with various healthy foods and see which you enjoy. Don’t make a habit of skipping meals especially Breakfast (most important meal of the day) 3 meals a day with two healthy snacks in-between is easy and ideal.
Numerous studies over recent years have shown that optimistic thinking leads to a positive attitude and that people with positive attitudes live longer happier healthier lives. Think positive, be active and you will see improvements in all areas of your life.
11 Facts to get you thinking about your fitness.
1. The human body has 650 muscles
2. The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming
3. The heart is the strongest muscle in the body
4. Nearly 50% of all young people age 12-21 are not vigorously active on a daily basis
5. For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day
6. Only 13% of men are physically fit
7. More than 30% of children 6 to 11 are overweight, and over 15% are obese
8. On average a person walks 70,000 miles in their lifetime
9. Roughly 4,000 children and teenagers begin to smoke everyday
10. Exercise makes you feel more energized because it release endorphins into the blood
11. Movement in exercise helps relieve stress by producing a relaxation response which serves as a positive distraction
Sources – Fittness Health Zone & Russi Sarnataro, Barbara